Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Lilliana's Tale











This is the tale of the newest edition of the Dawson/Chiu family. On November 19th Chan went in to Plano Medical Center to be induced. I was to leave Midland at 9:15 and be in Dallas by 10:15. But due to weather I didn't leave Midland until 10:30 and into Dallas at about 11:30. Finally after I had found my Shuttle which was hiding at the end of the row and after he messed around for about 30 minutes we finally left for the hospital. I got there still with my life because the driver was a wild one so I got there about 1:30. Chan was still in labor but had taken drugs so she was looking great. When the nurse came in and checked her she was at a 10 so it was time to push. I was just going to take pictures but I got asked to help deliver the baby. What an experience. I got to see the head come out and see Thomas cut the cord. Lilly came out yelling at 3:18pm weighs 6 lbs 13 ozs and is 18.5 incuhes longs. She was so pretty and had so much hair. The nurses noticed she had a little cute ear that was different. But they didn't tell Chan about it. I showed it to her. They have run lots of hearing tests and yes Lilly can hear out of her left ear but not out of the right. They also ran test on her kidneys and they are fine. Everything that they thought might have a problem doesn't. Chan was so happy till she cried. They should be coming home tomorrow. Dale and Andrea will be flyingin tomorrow at 7. I can't wait for Dale to see her. She a really good baby and so sweet.




Here's Miss Lilliana Maurene Mei-Zhen Chiu.......

1 comment:

Vickie said...

What a cute little baby. Looks like you are all doing well. CONGRATULATIONS!!!




Sam & Vickie