Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Time To Blog




Okay it's been a while but here I am again. This last week and weekend were very busy. First I got sick sinus again. It's just my time of year to get it. Stupid Grass and Weeds. Then it was time for our Car Club to have their Grand Ole Tour. SO we had to get 75 books together for all the people that came. And yes I had to do it on my sick day. But we got it done. Thursday we went to Odessa and greeted everyone and took lots of pictures of some really great cars, 1930's on up. We had a ice cream and hamburger evening Thursday. Then Friday it was tour time. We took the Chevelle and led about 10 Model A and Model T's from Odessa to the Petroluem Museum in Midland. We could only drive 45 mph with them. The Chevelle really wanted to go faster but we had to led all the little cars. It was like a moma goose leading her chicks to the water. After the Museum we went through down town which was kind of scary with them to Sam's house for lunch. Everyone was so impressed with his house. I have to say it's something. Definitely a guys dream place. Then it was back to Odessa. That evening we had a Style show and dinner at the hotel. The style show had about 10 or more people in it dressed in old time dresses and outfits. It was something. The dresses the ladies had on were just beautiful. Finally it was time to go home I was tired. Then Saturday up and at em again. Back to the hotel for a Ladies tea. We had Greenie the clown come and speak an she was great. She was funny and serious and just so much fun. Who'd of thought we'd all love a clown, but we did. Then it was off to the mall for our car show. There were about 50 or more cars there. There were car games and just lots of fun. Andrea was here so she and I went to the mall for some serious girl shopping. To bad my feet started hurting so bad. Then that evening it was back to the Hotel for the final dinner. We had 2 singers come sing Elvis and Roy Orbison. I know different but they really did great, especially Roy that guy was something.

We had several raffles at the dinner and Andrea wanted this huge duck. She didn't win it and was so disappointed, but the guy that did win called us back and gave it to her, you talk about excited, I've never seen her jump up and down like that. So now Ducky is at San Angelo with her. If she'll ever send me a picture you can see how hug this duck is.

Finally it was time to go home. I think Sunday I just lazied around. What a busy few days........

1 comment:

That Janie Girl said...

That sounds like fun! Did you miss everyone that was gone to NMOGA?

Tell Chris you heard a rumor he was dancing on the stage at Evangelos.

(He wasn't, but the girls were...but just stick to the story and give him a hard time!)