Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Mountains




I don't have my pictures yet but when I get them I'll post them. We left Friday morning at 8:30 am. We had 6 cars on Friday. It was a nice trip up nothing went wrong. When you travel with old cars that's a great thing. We stopped in Seminole and then in Tatum. Lunch was in Roswell at Farley's. I have to say Roswell is an interesting place with all the Alien's around town. After lunch it was on to Ruidoso. We stopped at a road side Fruit Stand and got some really good jelly. We finally got to the hotel about 2:30 NM time. It was nice about 60 degrees and NO WIND! All of us went to eat which it ended up there were 28 of us. That was some crowd, one of the biggest we'd ever had up there. Saturday morning we all got up and headed to Cloud Croft for the Great Pumpkin Race. We shopped and rolled pumpkins down the hill. And yes I rolled one too. It was so much fun. I can't wait to get all the pictures. This time I didn't take them the guys did. So I got a break and just had fun. Saturday night we all walked across the street to Mountain Annie's, none of us had a clue what were in for but it was wonderful. We had a meal and then George Staerkel and his wife and a guitar player played for us for 2 hours. They were fantastic. George is the one that originally sang When the Lion Sleeps Tonight and he was awesome. He played 18 different instruments. We're tyring to get them to come here in May for a big car club Founders Tour. Sunday we all got up and headed home. It's fun to go but great to get home to my doggies.

No comments: