Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Jumping Beagle




Well Louie struck again last night. I was in the kitchen doing my Neti Pot thing for my sinus cleansing and he was in there with me. Lila had gone outside to eat her treat. Which he'd just gotten one. I guess he decided he wanted another one. So he jumped up knocked the bottle of steak sauce over which it then in turn started to roll off the cabinet. I tried my best to catch it but when it hit the tile in the kitchen it exploded and went every where. There was glass and sauce every where. It went from the kitchen to the dining room which is a big long area. The minute I started yelling at him he took off for the far corner of the living room and sat there and looked at me. He knows if you yell bad boy at him he's in deep do do. I was down on my hands and knees for a long time cleaning up glass and sauce. Of course Lila had to come back in and I had to yell at her to get back from it. She looked at me like I had killed her with her tail all down. I was afraid the smell from the sauce would make them want to eat the glass that was every where. Finally once it was cleaned up and I was back in the living room, Louie came over to make up. Of course he was so cute, he got in the chair with me and put his big ole head down on my lap and looked at me with those big brown eyes, he knows how to melt a heart that one.




Now that UNO the beagle has won the big dog show everyone will want a beagle. I just hope that they realize these dogs require a lot of attention. When they are puppies they are terrors, until they are about 2 they are into everything imaginable. Once they hit 2 they really do turn into wonderful dogs. Even after that age they are lots of fun and into things. Having 2 beagles is like having 10 dogs. I just hope a lot of beagles aren't bought and then discarded because they are too much trouble. That would be such a shame. They are sweet, fun and loyal dogs. I have to say Louie has more character than any other dog I've ever had. I know he'd love to be able to talk and if he could what wonderful conversation we'd have.

1 comment:

That Janie Girl said...

Ma'am, would you like a little sauce on your kitchen? I mean, steak?

Oh, Lord, I bet that took a while to clean up!