Friday, August 29, 2008

Friends

You make lots of friends through work, some come and some go. Some you miss greatly, some you hardly notice have left. It seems here lately at work everyone is leaving for better jobs, or moving out of the area. Can't blame them for that. At least you get to still hear from them and know how they are doing. But today we at work lost a great friend. I've been there for 18 years and seems like he was always around somewhere, making jokes, having fun, eating my candy and recently he became the cookie monster. He loved those cookies. He also loved his grand daughter. Here lately he'd been going to all her games and just loving it. He was so proud of her. His illness happened so suddenly till it's still hard to believe he's gone. I guess a week ago is when it all started. He actually called me to tell me when his surgery was and that he'd be back to pester me before long. He got to where he couldn't see and was dizzy. After several tests a tumor was found on his brain. He was taking Plavix and had to stop it and in stopping it started having strokes. The tumor was removed but the strokes had already done their damage. Today I tell a good friend not good bye but I'll see you again some day. Save a place for us John we'll see you again Mr. Cookie Monster.

No comments: