Monday, July 14, 2008

Busy Saturday




I was hoping for a nice quiet weekend, now who was I kidding. We got up early Saturday morning and met the car club people at 8:15 and headed to Stanton for a parade. Yes Stanton. If you've ever been through Stanton you'd best look fast. But I think all 2000 residences of Stanton showed up. There were more people and things in the parade than I would have ever imagined. It was fun but HOT! After it was over we all headed back to Midland to On the Border for Lunch. It was a good time. Dale and Bennie hid a Coconut Cream Pie from Sam. He loves those pies and Bonnie Miller made him one and brought it to the Parade. We all had a good laugh at Sam's expense when he went to look for it. After Lunch I went out to Vickie and Sam's and floated in the pool for a while. How nice that was. Their dogs were so cute. They have 3 bloodhounds and 1 sheltland type dog. The bloodhounds would come up and gently put their paws on me, they loved to be petted. I got home about 3:30 and took a nap with Louie and Lila. Then at 6:30 we headed to Odessa with the Patterson's and Austin's for a poker run with the Odessa car club. We went to each Sonic in Odessa and got a card the ones with the best hand won $150. Of course I didn't win, I only had a pair of 3's. During this run at the 3rd Sonic I got out with my purse and sat it on the table by me. Then Dale started saying hurry get your card so we can go, the weather was getting really bad. SO I hurried a little to fast and left my purse at the Sonic. About a mile or so down the road for some reason I realized it was gone so we turned around, my stomach was upset by now, but my lucky Angel must have been riding with me because believe it or not my purse was still on the table. So off we went to the next Sonic with Dale yelling at me over it.

All in all we had a great time, the weather held off which it was really lightning, and I didn't loose my purse!

1 comment:

That Janie Girl said...

Sounds like fun (well, except for the losing your purse part!)...